Universal Data Standard & Unified File Format
Many industries have data standards to help ensure the interoperability of the machinery and software involved in building, designing, and shipping their products. Following BCMC 2017, SBCA’s IT Committee began working on a component industry data standard and unified file format. This new file format would contain a set of “truss facts” that would include the base-level information about the structural component such as materials being used, 3D geometry measurements, and quality control information.
Following BCMC 2018, TPI announced it would undertake an initiative to address the interoperability of component manufacturing software and machinery CMs use to manufacture components based on the progress of SBCA’s IT Committee.
Learn more about the concept and the timeline of the project through following links:
- Expanding Component Manufacturing Innovation: Introduction to the SBCA Unified File Format (SBC Magazine 5/2018)
- TPI Circles Back to SBCA Solution for Cross-Platform Initiative (Industry News 7/22/2019)
- Update on the TPI Cross-Platform Initiative (Industry News 5/13/2019)
- Cross-Platform Initiative Aims for 'Plug and Play' Equipment (Industry News 2/4/2019)
- Update on TPI's Cross-Platform Equipment Initiative (Industry News 1/28/2019)