SBCA Top Chord Club
SBCA's Top Chord Club (TCC) program was developed to foster continued growth of the membership. Any SBCA member who sponsors a new member (i.e., encourages them to join) earns TCC points.
But wait – SBCA has sweetened the deal for recruiting new members! Your Top Chord Club (TCC) points are redeemable for prizes! Any SBCA member who sponsors a new member (i.e., encourages them to join) earns points according to the following schedule:
- 5 points for signing up a new Design Professional Member and getting them to use our BCSI B3 summary sheet best practices for building designers, which is a tremendous assist with advocating for field best practices and enhancing field safety
- 4 points for getting a Component Manufacturer that has not previously been buying and supplying JOBSITE PACKAGES to do so
- 3 points for signing up a new Component Manufacturer or Supplier member for SBCA or chapter membership (so, if a new member joins both, it’s worth 6 points!)
- 2 points for signing up a new Design Professional Member, or for a Component Manufacturer or Supplier whose SBCA or chapter membership has lapsed
- 1 point for signing up a Professional Member for SBCA or chapter membership
Starting with points earned from September 1, 2008, points may be redeemed for SBCA publications, online course, meetings registrations, and more. Plus, your points never expire.
Learn how to earn Top Chord Club points with the Annual Membership Drive. Top Chord points accumulate annually from Annual Meeting to Annual Meeting. Club membership status is based on the following:
Individuals become club members if they are members of SBCA and have accumulated ten points (not necessarily in one year). This entitles them to one year of membership in the TCC. Benefits of membership are an invitation to the TCC Dinner and a white TCC pin. Individuals renew TCC membership when they earn three additional points in one year. (Example: A person can be a TCC member one year, then be dropped the next year because s/he did not earn three points. Then, when three points are earned in a year, s/he is considered a TCC member again.)
Lifetime Member StatusIndividuals become TCC Lifetime Members when they earn a total of 25 points. They receive the following: a letter of congratulations; an invitation to the annual TCC banquet for themselves and a guest; a gold/blue TCC pin; and a TCC plaque that is engraved with Lifetime Member SBCA TCC with their names.
Diamond Club Status
Individuals become TCC Diamond Members after they have received 50 points. They receive: a letter of congratulations; an invitation to the annual TCC banquet for themselves and a guest; and a diamond TCC pin.
Top Chord Club DinnerNew, sustaining and lifetime members are sent invitations approximately one month before the TCC reception and dinner at BCMC. A TCC Member listing is printed annually in SBC Magazine.